No good deed goes unnoticed. This week end I was out walking with Chelsea and when we passed our neighbor, I saw that she was working hard to clear out some bushes from the front of her yard. She had amassed quite the pile and wasn't sure what to do with it because green waste does come to pick-up curbside in the winter. I offered to take what she had to the dump in our truck. She tried to pay me for the gas out there , I wouldn't take her money... It was really no big deal.
Well the next day, I was getting the house ready for Sunday, when I heard a knock at the door. It was my neighbor with the most Delish looking sweet bread that I have ever seen. It was so sweet and wonderful. We scarfed it down in one sitting.
As we were eating the bread Kyah asked me why our neighbor had brought it to us, and without pausing for me to answer, She said it must be because she thinks we are the coolest kids around. I almost died laughing.
Even though the bread was beyond delightful, I am grateful that I could help out someone in need and brighten their day. Isn't that what Heavenly Father put us on this earth for? To bring happiness and service to those around us? I think so.

Well the next day, I was getting the house ready for Sunday, when I heard a knock at the door. It was my neighbor with the most Delish looking sweet bread that I have ever seen. It was so sweet and wonderful. We scarfed it down in one sitting.
As we were eating the bread Kyah asked me why our neighbor had brought it to us, and without pausing for me to answer, She said it must be because she thinks we are the coolest kids around. I almost died laughing.
Even though the bread was beyond delightful, I am grateful that I could help out someone in need and brighten their day. Isn't that what Heavenly Father put us on this earth for? To bring happiness and service to those around us? I think so.

Comments