Christmas 2011
There were many highlight from Christmas this year. We were together as a family, we had a warm house, Aaron and I have good jobs. Life is good. Aaron received a good bonus around christmas time and was able to provide a nice christmas for us. I don't think we will ever have another Christmas quite like this one( which is just fine with Aaron and I ) but it was nice to give the kids a full christmas.Thankfully our kids know the true meaning of Christmas and that it is not just all about the presents!
We love games in the Coltrin House, anyone who knows us knows that we LOVE games. Our good friends Kyle and Melissa bought us this awesome game for our family to play. Thanks Guys. We also got all of the elements needed for the dice game 10,000( or as some of you know it Farkle) That game came to us courtesy of our good friends Josh and Jenn Roberts, I think my favorite game however was a personalized memory game that came courtesy of The Katie and Joel Gardner family! Thanks everyone for the wonderful good times that you gifted to our family!
Even though the kids got a few little gifts here and there, we decided to get each of them one large present, For Chelsea it was a Hampster. We got all of the elements needed for her new pet, the cage, the wood chips, the food, but we decided that we would let Chelsea go to Petsmart to pick out her very own Hampster. She chose a Crmel color hampster that she named White Socks, but I call him Hamtaro :)
For Charles' big present we got him a Nintendo 3DS, Aaron got it from a coworker for a fraction of the price of a new one and Charles was the only one without a DS, He was so excited , He loves playing with it and it makes long trips fun for him too.
Kyah got a laptop, Aaron and I reveiwed and scoured and picked the one laptop that would be perfect for Kyah. We had them send a GREEN laptop. I think she stopped breathing for like 10 seconds. It was hilarious. It is not the fastest when connected to the internet but for what Kyah uses it for it works perfect.
This picture makes me LAUGH!!! I love the fun loving side of Aaron. He has a good sense of humor and enjoys it when he can give a good laugh. As Kalinda said when we were first married , He is his own dog and pony show :) So Aaron wanted a 50 inch Flat Screen TV so Bad that he could TASTE it. I had a brilliant Idea. kyah got a bike for Christmas in 2010 and we still had the box in the garage( I know, I kept thinking I would find a use for it someday And I did!) I got Aaron a new camp chair, it is Sturdy and Awesom and Aaron had NO Idea that it was a chair in the gift wrapped box. it was killing Aaron to stare at the box and try to figure out what the heck was in it. he knew it wasn't a TV because the box was the wrong shape, but he kept thinking that it was a new entertainment center for the TV that he SO Hoped that he was going to get. I could literally see his cresfallen look when he opened the box, but he covered it up quickly
Charles loves Legos and Money so this Gift was a clear winner :)
My little bookworm was so excited to get these. they are some of my favorites from when I was a teenager JAck Weyland ROCKS!
And my bling bling daughter was super excited to get earrings. All in all the kids had a great time opening the may thoughtful presents that loving family members sent them.
Later in the day we went to Scot and Tasha;s for Christmas dinner. It was a wonderful end to an awesome day! MerryChristmas everyone.
Comments