Can I open my gifts YET?


What better way to spend your birthday than to play with sparklers? Chelsea is lucky to have her birthday so close to the 4th. I remember being a child and wishing for it, just so I could say that the fireworks were for me. ( selfish I know but a kid can dream)















Isn't this cake just so Chelsea-like? She picked it out herself. Funny story there. Aaron called her name into the radio station for the birthday "round-up" where they say happy birthday on the air and then draw one lucky winner to get a free cake and a few other things as well.
Yep you guessed it, Chelsea won. So she got a free Birthday cake from a local Bakery and a free gift from the local hallmark store. ( she picked a bouquet of suckers-no suprise there right) and also a free lunch from Papa Kelseys sub shop. It has been a pretty cool day for her.














Sneeky little mom. I put trick candles on Chelsea's cake that relight, only one worked, but it gave the desired affect that I wanted. I know I didn't put an extra candle to grow on, but seriously I have been doing that with Charles cakes for 6 years and it hasn't payed off yet...


















Chelsea was so excited and also so good through the whole day. She stared at her presents on top of the T.V. asking every once in a while if she could open them... You remember what is was like to be 5 right. I told her that she needed to wait for Aaron. About the 50th time she asked me, she said that Aaron would see the presents too he just wouldn't have to wait for her to open them. I thought that was so smart of her. Clearly she had been thinking it through. Good thought process. Indeed her patience payed off and when she was able to open the gifts she was not disappointed.Barbies' galour!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the pictures, I miss you guys a lot. Kind of unfair how mom is rarely in the pictures though. I love you!

Love,

Kalinda

Popular posts from this blog

Grandbaby #2 is here