CAMPING WITH THE ROBERTS
This past weekend we had the opportunity to go camping with our good friends the Roberts. We even got to take our pop-up trailer( that has been in the shop for the past 2 months! don't even get me started on that one!!!) We went up the Cub river to a little camp ground called Albert Moser. We have camped there wuite a few times with Josh and Jen . The kids were so excited to get there. Poor Charles kept asking how much further we had to go and when we finally got there he said, " That took us WEEKS to get here . How long are we staying? " I love the time analogys that he comes up with , it makes me remember what it was like to young and impatient. To try to tell the kids to enjoy time as it passes slowly would be pointless! Esspecially little Charles who is ready to grab life by the horns and ride as long as possible.



Charles was such a cutie. He has developed this insane FEAR ( when I say fear I mean TOTAL ABSOLUTE INSANE PHOBIA) of bees It has been going on for about 2 months now but I went and bought a Yellow Jacket trap and set it up at camp to help ease his OBVIOUS fright. Everytime a bee would fly into the trap he would come running over to me and say , " Got one more mom. They are all gonna die!" and he would laugh about it. So even though I am not sure where this fear started or why it is so bad, I have found that he can be happy and play outside as long as there is a yellow jacket trap near by!


Here Chelsea has found " The first Leaf of Fall" she was standing next to the tree when it fell from the branch and was so excited that she ran over to me and said, " Mommy, Mommy, its fall now . Can we go home rake up all the leaves and jump in them? " I am glad that is a good time of year for my children because I truely love fall

Kyah has never been ab;e to roast her own marshmellow until this camping trip. She felt so big. Although from this picture it doesn't look like she really enjoyed it. ( but she infact loved it so much that she roasted 4 , yes count them, 4 marshmellows) I can't believe how big she is getting. She was such a great helper while we were up there. Some new friends of our came up as well with Josh and Jen, Lyle and Ashley Bair. They have a 2 year old Daughter and she and Kyah got along great.

This is my attempt at a self portrait of Aaron and I . I took like 12 pictures and this was the best of them all . ( Sad huh, I need to work on my camera skills. Oh well we had fun anyhow) It was nice for Aaron and I to just hangout and not worry about what bills to pay and how much needs to be done around the house and the yard. We got to be just us. It was stinkin' AWESOME!!! ( By the by don't you love the big old zit on my face? I don't ! Stupid hormones)

Paco absolutely LOVED being in the great outdoors. I think he most favorite part was that we were 25 feet from a river and so he could go get wet whenever he felt like it and he never got into trouble for it. This patch of grass was the "hotspot" for him. At least inbetween meals . Everytime the kids went to the bathroom or left the camp he would follow close behind to make sure that nothing happened to them. He is such a good dog, and so mellow too. He pretty much went with the flow of the weekend. As long as he got to go , thats all that mattered to him!

Comments

Emily said…
I'm so glad you guys had fun!!!! I'm having camping fever SO bad.
Rebecca said…
I am so jealous, we have not camped once this summer. It looks like you had fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Charles birthday