Thanks giving this year was a little bit different for us. We were not able to travel to spend it with family so Joel's Parents invited us down to West valley to celebrate with them. We left on Wednesday after we had dinner and met up with Katie and Joel in Kaysville so they could show us the way to Joel's parents. It was so nice of them to let us come down. Aaron and I were iffy for a while before we decided to go down because we didn't want to intrude. We are so glad that we went though. It was so much fun. Katie and I got to go to the store 3 times because of things forgotten or needed. Aaron and Joel played tanks involving Joel's Dad and Brother in the affair.What a fun and low key way to spend the day.

On the morning of Thanksgiving the kids were playing with all of the fun toys that C.K,'s Grandma has and there was a baby that needed clothes. So Wendy(Joel's Mom) made the baby a night shirt. It was decided though that the baby needed some underwear or shorts. Kyah with a little bit of coaching sewed the shorts all by herself. I was so proud of her!!! I hope that Santa will bring Kyah a sewing machine so that she can get really good and learn a lot about an important life skill.
These are some snap shots that I got of the kids through out the day. Notice that Chelsea has a dog... she is SOOOO much like I was when I was little. If there was an animal to love or be held, I was there, and that is just how Chelsea is!

When it came time to eat we all gathered around the tables in the kitchen and as we were eating. Everyone said one thing that they were grateful for. Now there were 9 kids at the table and all of them had something very appropriate to say. I know that I was grateful for the wonderful friend that I have become so close with that she IS my sister. I don't know where I would be with out you!!! ( now i am crying great! Good Thing no one can see me)

My little budding Photographer. Kyah is drawn to the camera. Even more so than another child. She loves to take pictures, and be in them too. Maybe that interest will bud too.
After the mayhem of Thanksgiving Dinner and the clean up. Wendy got out a puzzle and It was of Ice Cream Scoops and fruit. Wendy, Katie, Aaron, Kyah and Chelsea all worked on it from time to time. i had no idea that my kids loved puzzles. Maybe that is because I am not a fan of puzzles? Maybe?
Even though Aaron and I weren't able to spend Thanksgiving with our family. We felt like family, Thank you Wendy and Duane for opening your home to us and letting us spend the Holiday with you.

Comments

Melissa said…
Sounds like a lovely holiday! Now I know what to get your kids for Christmas - a puzzle :) (Just don't let them read this comment, ha ha!)
the Kates said…
It was one of the best Thanksgivings EVER! I am so glad you guys came. We all were!!! I love you and am so thankful for you and your family.

Popular posts from this blog

Grandbaby #2 is here