Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
I took the kids to go see Santa on Saturday. We went to the local Smiths Marketplace. One of our very good friends works there. HE is a jolly soul on any day but, today he was THE jolly soul. I was interested to see how my children would do, because they know him so well. They surprised me. Each of them had a turn and we took the group photo for Aaron's sake . He had to work and couldn't come along. After their visit and while we were still in the store walking around. Chelsea turned to me and said, " Mom, Santa Claus sounded A LOT like Uncle Scottie. Is he here working today I want to go and tell him about it? "
Let me tell you I had a hard time keeping a straight face after that one. I don't have dense children, that is for sure! /when I told Aaron about it he kind of chuckled to himself. Its very fun to be able to have the fun fabrication of Santa come and be apart of the holiday. I think when my children finally figure out the truth, I will be more sad than they will be.
But until then I can play it up BIG TIME :)
Comments