10,000 Women,BYU mint brownies, and 2 days of uplifting... PRICELESS!

This year for women's conference my mom and sister Kalinda came. They live in Arizona but were coming up for Charles Baptism so they decided to com up a few days early. It was so awesome to be able to share this experience with them. They traveled all night to get to Logan in time to climb back into the car with me and head down to Provo. We got there in record time, amazingly Work hour traffic was light for Salt Lake.
After we Checked into the Hotel we ate some dinner got settled and then poured through the list of classes for the next day. We all decided that we would got to different classes and then take notes for each other. there were so many good classes that there was absolutely no way that I was going to make it in to all of them. With only 3 classes a day, and wanted to go to like 6 classes per time slot... it is just not possible. thank goodness that the church puts out a book containing all of the talks the next year at Women's conference :)
After the morning Session Mom and I said Hasta La Vista to Kalinda and headed toward our destination. Unfortunately by the time we reached the Wilkinson Center( at the wilky, Wilkinson Center...) Our Classes were FULL! really they were beyond full. So we decided to walk around the store for a little bit and Mom went to wait in line for me for the next class. sadly enough we didn't even get into that one. It was kind of frustrating, but the class that we went to instead was really good! I am glad that we went. After the class Mom headed to another class that she wanted to attend, but to no avail. she was back within 10 minutes saying that that class was full.
When We met back with Kalinda at the Marriott center for the closing session of the day we found out that she was able to make it into all of her classes,,, Good Job Kalinda... Emily and her Mom Trudy hung out with us most of the day also. both my Mom and Trudy go the same pace so it was awesome fun... I think that Trudy and My mom thought that Emily and I were crazy, but it was so much fun.
While we were waiting in the Wilky we got to hang out with Michelle and her soon to be sister in law to Kimi. It was fun. for me this year was different. having my mom and Kalinda there just made it so much better!
after the first day of classes we went and ate and then headed back to the hotel for a soak in the hot tub. I made myself exercise first though, 40 laps in the pool, I was pooped after that :)
( but it sure felt good)
After retiring to our rooms we decided that the next day we would stick together and all go to the same class, and not only that but we would pick one building and just stay there for the entire day. We chose the Smith Feildhouse. I think it was an AWESOME choice! the classes there were fun and informative!
Unfortunately we were not able to stay for the closing session , which was Dallin H. Oaks and his wife, so once again I am very grateful that a book is published every year!
all in all it was one of the best years ever that I have spent at Women's conference!

Comments

Thora said…
Oh that sounds like it was wonderful! I'm so glad you got to go.

Popular posts from this blog

Charles birthday