Worst Night of my Life!

You got a small glimpse of this night in my Ohio post. But now it is time for "the rest of the story"
Aaron was completely defeated when he called me. My first concern was with him and the kids. To make sure they were out and okay. Aaron and I didn't talk for more than 2 minutes. I didn't cry. I immediately  called Shannon  and Larry. At first they didn't  answer. I called again to wake them up. When shannon answered I  lost it and said that  our house was on fire. She and Larry immediately sprang into action. She said she would take care of it.  Shannon and Larry probably made it from their house  to ours in 10 minutes.
It was a miracle that our neighbor Tanner Ricks,  even saw the fire. He was coming home and usually never goes into the living room. He passes it by and let his parents know that he is home. 3 blind slats happened to be askew and when he went to fix them he saw the fire, called 911 and got in his car to rush to our house. He and another neighbor Lynette Powell rushed in the back door and grabbed Chelsea. There was a policeman that  had been banging on the front door trying to see if anyone was home. Our across the street Lynette, told him that we had just moved  in and we were home. That put the cop into high alert and he tried to break down the door. Aaron and I had just replaced the deadbolt lock though so it was pretty solid. Thankfully Aaron woke up and came to the door only to find out that the house was on fire. He rushed to the hall and yelled to Kyah to get out. She and Nala came running down the stairs and the police officer rushed into the family room and carried Charles out... I later found out that Charles didn't  sleep in his room that night because it smelled funny and the fire alarm had gone off for a minute. But it turned off... Aaron went back to the bedroom to get dressed and the cop yelled at him to get out. It wasn't  until after he got out that he realized  how bad it was...with in 2 minutes of everyone getting out, the roof to the family room collapsed and the fire blazed. The damage had been done.
The fire department called Alpine Restoration to come and help us. They were amazing. The fire happened on Thursday night early Friday morning and I flew home on Sunday. What a restless weekend. Everyone was okay though! I thank my Heavenly Father  often for preserving  my family and keeping them unharmed. I don't even want to think about how different things could have turned out. It is the small and great miracles that make you realize how precious time and family are!
Aaron picked me up from the airport and we drove straight to the house. The pictures below are what I saw...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandbaby #2 is here