Chelsea made one of the most important decisions of her young life on July 9th 2011. She chose to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. She was baptized by Aaron, and confirmed by her grandpa Mike. The dress that she has on, Aaron found when Chelsea was 7 and I think Chelsea asked at least once a week until she was Eight to wear the dress. ( I know we were mean parents, we didn't give in and let her wear it) I am so glad that She chose to follow in the footsteps of her family and ancestors.     

 I think of all the pictures that Grandpa charlie took that day this is one of my favorites. I love these two people a ton!!!! And the simple sweet gesture of a kiss on the cheek says a thousand words.
 The 3 amigos. Not all of Aaron's family was able to come because of the expense and time constraints but we were grateful for the 2 brothers that were able to come. These three are HILARIOUS to watch. They could crack you up for hours.
 The Official Family picture, Everyone is nice, happy, looking every so awesome!and refined...
Then the truth comes out , our true colors shine through :)
The remainder of this entry is for my children and Husband( so it is from my heart pretty basically) 

I am thankful that we live in a time when our religious freedoms are not watched under a microscope. I want my children to know that I do have a testimony of baptism and that I know it is the most important thing that an 8 year old can aspire to do. I have a very strong testimony of the gospel. I feel the love that Heavenly father and Jesus have for me and all of the people around me. I know that he has given us the principle of the gospel as a stepping stone and building block that we may return to him and to live with him for all time and eternity. I  fill my spiritual cup every week when I attend church and feel the Spirit when I study the scriptures or hold family home evening. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet that can lead and guide the way. He s a wonderful example to me. I hope to show the same kind of gratitude to others that I see in his eyes everytime I see him. The joy that he feels while serving is dumbfounding.
I know that Charity and service never fail and that if we are true to ourselves and those around us we will grow closer to him and the person that we can down here to be. I can not imagine not knowing about Jesus and Heavenly father or the gospel. I am brought to tears when I think of the sadness that hatred and pride bring to the lives of those around me. I am not perfect and never will be. I only hope to , through prayer fasting and the gift of the Holy ghost to teach my children to be a light in the dark and to be willing to be in the world but not of it. Thankfully I have many wonderful examples of righteous people that I can turn to in times of need.
Tithing is such an important principle of the gospel. Heavenly father gives us everything and all he asks in return is 10% of our gain to show our gratitude for all that he gives us. The money that is given to the lord, is given right back to the building up of the kingdom of God and to bring the word and the light to those in the dark, through the mission field and through Church wide assistance. My testimony is strengthened when I see my children grow and become like the spirits that I know are inside them., they were saved for the last days for a reason. To come and to be strong and brave and bold in their convictions. I see it every day in my children. they are very receptive to the teaching of the gospel and they have a sure knowledge that it is true. I will continue to nurture their sweet testimonies so that they will stand the test of time. To be a mother in Zion and to be willing to do what the lord ask of me in return asking for nothing. Picking up wonderful sisters and brothers along the way that will be with me in the eternities and that will Lift me where I stand, and I will do the same with them.
I love my Husband with all of my heart and I am grateful every day that he married me in the temple. Showing me that he cares for me and that we have an eternal bond. I could not imagine walking through this life or the next with out you! Thank you for always being there for me and for loving me through my short comings. Thank you for always being the father to our children that they need you to be, And most of all thank you for loving me. You are a wonderful person! I say these thing in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Comments

BrookieT said…
I can't believe you have an 8 year old!! Do you feel old?? haha, j/k. I love her dress and I am sure you are so very proud of her and her decisions. Such a cute picture with the cheek-kiss!
Melissa said…
I love this post. The pictures are great, and I love your testimony. It's so important for our kids to know that we (their parents) have a testimony! You are an amazing woman, and your family is so lucky to have you as their mom/wife. Mwah! Love ya Crystal!
the Kates said…
Crystal. Oh, how i love you and your children and your aaron. Chelsea looks so pure and beautiful. We sure wish we could have been there. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I am so lucky to have a faithful wonderful friend. i miss you and love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Charles birthday