Girls weekend!
The first weekend in December Jeneil, and I drove down to Touqerville, Utah for some much needed R and R!
The trip down was smooth and uneventful, no snow or bad roads. Jeneil worked so that when we arrived at our destination she wouldn't have to worry about work.
We rolled into Touqerville around 9pm and as we pulled up the Thora's house, Thora, Thad, and the kids were just getting home. Great Timing!
We chatted with the kids for a bit and Tali and Jordan were kind enough to give us their beds so they were sleeping on the couch and a mates in the front room. They were happy as clams to give us their room, I was grateful for that. The 3 of us laughed and talked for a bit and then headed to bed.
The next day Third had to take a test so we went to breakfast at Village Inn and then dropped her at the testing building. She had to take 2 test but said she would be no more than an hour.
Jeniel and I ran to Ross in search of cotton socks. Third was Lockett split fast with her test. And we are all back together quickly. We wanted to do a session in the temple (I have been to the St. George temple 3 times, but never have been able to do a session) the session was amazing!
I felt the spirit so strongly. I took a family name through and the veil was very thin. Whenever I go through the temple I am reminded of who I am and who I was before I came to earth. It was an amazing experience.
And of course no mini vacation would be complete without a little shopping trip. We also went and did some Christmas shopping, which is so much easier when your kids aren't whispering (or screaming) at you in the back ground.
Thora was able to get a good chunk of her Christmas list knocked out. And she made us this really really yummy Asian dinner. I don't remember what it was called, goo goo mush musha? Not even close! But still yummy.
For one of Thora's class assignments she had to watch a movie called Contagion. It is a movie that is much like Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman as far as a disease outbreak but, all I can say is, it is a good thing I'm not a germ-o-phobe.
It was such a fun weekend.
Jeneil and I stayed for the sacrament on Sunday morning and them headed home. We made good time. We pulled into my driveway at about 3:30...
A weekend I will not soon forget!
Comments