Brushing in the Blind

I have never been to the blind that Aaron usually hunts out of, I pictured it quite differently. I thought it would have been more like a Duck Dynasty blind, but it wasn't. Which isn't a bad thing, just different. Aaron and I drove out to the marsh, and launched the boat. It has been a long time since I launched a boat that small. I am used to our fishing "yaught" now :)
Aaron stayed with the boat and got the motor running while I parked the truck and met him at the dock. As we were on our way to the blind we talked a little and when Aaron came into view of the blind he tried to show me. But I had no clue what I was looking for. I didn't see it until we were right on top of it.
Good cam job!
I had a very different thought of how a blind was to be brushed in. I thought that it was out of the water on dirt and a broom would be used to basically sweep dirt around the blind. Boy was I wrong.
Aaron took reeds from the surrounding area and weaved them all around the outside of the blind to camouflage any holes that had formed from the last time he was out there. Then he spray painted the new blind floor that he and Ira had put in a week before, green and redish brown. Once he was done it looked really good!
He was like a kid in a candy shop, making sure everything was just right. He Charles and Ira would be going out for the youth hunt in a few days.
It was a nice break from the norm, he showed me something new and it was an enjoyable time to spend with just him!!!
Not going to lie. That was really nice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charles birthday