Employee of the year...

As many of you know, I work for Harris Research Inc. The last year has been good and bad. I consider myself extremely blessed to work for this company. We are the corporate offices for 2 brands I have grown to love, Nhance wood renewal and Chemdry Carpet Cleaning. My role with Chemdry has weaned and changed slightly and my role with Nhance has grown in conjunction.
Every year both brands hold a kick off convention to address issues, show innovative new processes and products and to give awards for milestones and innovation. Nhance convention was in New Orleans, LA.
Not everyone from NHI(Nhance corp.) Went the convention, a handful of us stayed behind and held down the fort making sure that things on the home front , me included in that select group :)
My boss Ed Quinlan arranged a meeting with me for Thursday at 10am. When I came into his office I sat in the chair directly in front of his desk but he asked me to move to the other chair because he was expecting a call... I didn't really think anything about it. We were talking about how my department and the changes that are coming. 
When his phone rang he gave it to me and asked me to answer it. It was a FaceTime call from the Nhance convention. The nhance franchisees chose me as their employee of the year. I have a plaque that has my name on it (the first one was black said Crystal Coltin, but the second one is wood and awesome)
It was such a pleasant suprise.
We then had a staff meeting at work on January 22nd, we talked about our year end numbers and the growth that the company has experienced. All of the normal staff meeting garb. And of course they announced the employees of the month for November and December. They also announced the employee and manager of the year awards too.
I was chosen for December's employee of the month. I went to the front and Ed talked about some of the contributions that I have given, thanked me for my hard work and explained the reward for this award...which is that I get an additional day of vacation  and a gift card (I chose to get a movie theater gift card)
Within the company, the way that employee of the year is chosen is between the 12 employees  that were chosen for the months in that year.
I had just sat down and the very next slide revealed the employee of the year... it was me :)... I was so so so suprised. It is an amazing honor that I am recognized for the hard work and dedication that I give to my job and the work that I do. I don't  do it to get recognition or for a pat on the back. I just want to make sure I am doing everything that I can to go above and beyond.
A great honor to know that I work for the best company out there. My home away from home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandbaby #2 is here