Grandma Dolores
Although I know death isn't final , sometimes it can seem like it. On January 16, 2009 My grandma Dolores died. It was a release. She had been battling Diabetes for a long time and her body was in such pain. Still the loss felt by family members was unbearable for some. I went to the funeral in Boise, Id with my parents , Kyah and my niece Sierra. It was very tastefully done. The viewing was on Monday with the services to follow the next morning.
She lived a full life. Leaving behind a loving husband( my Grandpa Hewitt) 11 children, 27 grandchildren and 41 great grandchildren. If you ask me I would say that is an impressive life. All of us love her and respected her for who she was, an animal lover, AVID outdoors woman and an advocate for abandoned and abused animals. She never backed down from anything.
It had been a good number of years since I had last been to see this side of my family and so it was wonderful to reconnect with them and see what is happening in their lives.
One of the most sweet reunions was that of my Uncle Kevin. He helped me through a very rough patch in my younger years and for that I will always be grateful! I got to meet his lovely wife and get to know her a little more. Basically it was like getting to know the family all over again. It was wonderful and magical!
My grandma will be missed by many, but her love will always be there for us. That I am grateful to know!


Comments

Krista Robinson said…
I am so sorry. When someone dies it is such a range of emotion. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys.
Tara Bergsjo said…
I am so sorry about your loss! Grandparents are very special people! I am glad you were able to spend some time with family. I think that helps a little.
KimberLeigh said…
What a great tribute. Hugs to your family as you celebrate grandma's life and all the good she spread in the world!

Popular posts from this blog

Grandbaby #2 is here